Sunday 24 August 2014

Maybelline the Elixir Review


So these came out a while back but I just developed a love for them this summer. I picked up my first one at shoppers in late June. I got the shade Raspberry Rhapsody. I love a dark berry or wine stain during the cold months, but sometimes have trouble finding a similar shade, that carries a bright juicy colour for a bright punchy summer lip.

Let me say this hit the spot! I love the color pay off. The bottle and applicator are adorable. Not too sticky and gives a good amount of moisture. This formula works beautifully over lipsticks.

Shades I own:

Raspberry Rhapsody- lovely Barry tone, gives nice depth when paired over a bright pink lipstick shade (such as Lime Crime Geredium)

Breathtaking Apricot- perfect coral shade for the summer, love it alone or paired over a soft pale pink lipstick for extra boost. Very vibrant. Love to pair this with Mac cosmetics Sunbest blush for simple quick wash of color on the natural face.

Petal Plush- gorgeous baby pink, love it best over nude lipstick (Lime Crime Coquette, Mac Myth)

This is a must-have for your purse. Now go grab some!


1 comment: