Tuesday 2 September 2014

Fall preview

Oh fall! My favorite season. Falling leaves, the cool crisp air, tires, snuggly blankets and steamy hot beverages. Dark nights, bright days, last of fresh garden veggies. The start of warm baked goods, one pot dinners and comforting soups.

Best of all is the color palette!!! Rich reds and oranges, deep Barry shades, warm browns, and deep dark jewel tones. Inky blacks and soft creamy beige is to pull it all together.

So to celebrate this glorious season I will be including a lot of warm cozy meals to curl up with and some great fall looks. I really enjoy this time of year. With the Heagon make up stays put and you can really pump up the drama with your looks. Not to mention the holiday parties on the horizon. For us Canadians it kicks off early October with Thanksgiving. This to me is a perfect time for warm sweaters, fab boots and rich dark make up colours.

Then Halloween. What's not to love you can pretty much get away with anything and everything.

Then we launch right into winter with the first snowfall's enjoys the Christmas season. This is another topic all in itself.

To touch on my thoughts on some of the upcoming fall fashion trends, this is the top trends as defined by Elle magazine. If I've missed anything let me know.

1.) Robe style coats – How much do I hate this?! A lot! Really to me it just looks sloppy, unwearable, and honestly one of my biggest peeves is seeing people out and about in anything that looks like PJs or sweats. This is just an expensive form of that. I want to see layers and figures not frumpy Boxee shapes.

2.) 60s influence – This I can get on board with as long as it's not been overdone. I like touches the past decades. Acute my dress with current boots, or accessories with the modern make up look. Don't pull. Style into all areas at once or you risk looking costume-ish.

3.) Knits – When is this not a staple style for fall. Love it casual or dressy, comfy or sexy. You can get it all, and in multiple colours.

4.) Oversized coats – Again this is a no go for me. If you worked hard all summer sporting a great body then keep it going and let us see your shape ladies! I love layers, not drowning in fabric.

5.) Straitjackets – Okay not literally but the wraparound is on the runways. Yuck!

6.) Norse code – Patterns heavily influenced by North designs. Why not the lands of ice and snow are a perfect place for inspiration. Getting in touch with my heritage and roots and being on trend all-in-one.

7.) Apocalypse now – A little mad Max, a little beaten, battered, and torn. Done in pieces cool. Who doesn't want to rock a fierce leather and some shredded jeans. Again keep it to pieces and not the whole deal, you don't want to scream street bum or prepped!!

8.) Astrakhan – Really interesting fur from sheep. I think this one is on point!

9.) Dresses over pants – Oh my God! I hate it.

10.) Western – Love it!! Yes please! Reminds me of a few years ago DSquared's collection I believe it was winter 2011 that was front tier meets ice. Loved it then in this feels very much the same.

11.) Muppet babies – Seriously coloured Shearling, ugh!

12.) Extreme turtlenecks – Yep I have a long neck I can rock this look, if you're more petite or someone who carries a little extra weight in the face probably not it would give the appearance of drowning.

13.) Fur - Real fur, to each their own, this look is all based on your budget and morals. If you like it    rocket if you don't then don't.

14.) Sneakers – Hate it!!!! Sneakers are for working out. Unless you're under 18 sneakers should not be part of your going out wardrobe.





No comments:

Post a Comment