Monday 29 September 2014

Sept Haul

Sept Haul

Another month passed. Summer has come to a end and the chilly sweater weather has arrived. Feel that snow coming in the air. Enough of the sentament lets get to the haul. I got A LOT of stuff this month, went a little crazy but such is life sometimes. I didn't include anything that was received in a subscription box, only add ons and additional box items.

The only skincare item I purchased was Rimmel London's Just Let It Go... Gentle eye make up remover. This is a oil free make up remover. Used this for about 2 weeks now and it works really well to remove all product quickly but... it does sting my eyes a bit... not sure if this will be a repurchase.

Also received in my Beautybox 5 Mystery box which was a additional purchase to the monthly subscription box an hydrating treatment from Face Oasis. This is a oil free marine hydration treatment that deeply hydrates and visibly plumps fine lines. Have not tested this one out yet.

Oh... one more also from the Beauty Box 5 mystery box. Vitabath sulfate & paraben free bodywash in the scent Wild Red Cherry. Meh it's a bodywash haven't used it yet.

For nails this month I went nuts! I got a subscripton box from Julep and have fallen in love with the selection on the site, so right off the hop I ordered an addtional 6 shades. I have now had a chance to use them, and I love the formulation! Such a smooth application and just everything about them I love. The shades I got are Lois (pearlesant dusty pink), Vera(olive green with brownish hue), Helen(lilac pinkish hue), Cody(bright orange with a hint of coral), Catrina(bright canary yellow), and Dawn(yellow/lime green). In addtion to those I received a great red polish from Nicka K NY139. Again I haven't had a chance to wear this colour yet but I look forward to it.

Face make up I picked up a Hard Candy Tiki bronzer. I have heard a lot of good about it and I was at Walmart so figured I would try it out. I have to say the colour is beautiful, gives a really pretty highlight, I hate to say but I find this almost the same as Mac Soft and Gentle, but a little more glowy if that makes sense. However, this is made from a few less then favourable products. Normally I stay away from low end products because of this. I have sensitive skin and a try to not put products on my face or in my body that aren't good quality. So pretty as it may be I still will not purchase this again.

Also I got the 60 ml bottle of NYX Matte Finish long lasting setting spray. So far I like this a lot, now that holiday season is approching and there is going to be a whole lotta outtings and partys and days were a look is going to have to last 16 or more hours I wanted to try a few different setting sprays. This one so far is working really well, it does leave a matte finish which I need as I am super super oily. I can't atest to how long lasting it is yet but I will let you know.

Now for the lips, I only purchased the 2 L'oreal Privee collection lipsticks which I had in my review. Jennifer's Nude and Eva's Nude. Love them both and the formula for these lipsticks is so nice and creamy.

Eyes eyes eyes.... I got a gorgeous pallet in gunmetal from Make up Geek along with 12 shadows. Amzing! Check out my review for more, as well I did a video review on my You Tube channel. The shades I purchased are Vanilla Bean, Frappe, Latte, Mocha, Taupe Notch, Peach smoothie, Chickadee, Mango Tango, Razzleberry, Cupcake, Burlesque, and Bitten.

Two other items from the Beauty Box 5 mystery box. A sample set of shadows from Bh cosmetics. This is a sample of the California collection. There is 3 shadows, one from Hollywood which is a deep rich eggplant with shimmer, San Francisco this one is a warm mid tone sand colour with a lot of shimmer, and finally Malibu this is a warm shimmery Golden shade. Last but not least was a small sample of Natural Glam Mascara in shade Black, now honest I know nothing about this item, I assume this is an all natural product.

I got a few clothing items and acsessories this month. All pieces were found on Ebay boots from Beyond The Rack.

Five peice cuff braclette. I thought the rose cream coloured cuff would be perfect to mix with darker warm clothing in the fall and then mix in with crisp whites for soft more anglic looks in the winter. Silver toned bib necklace, lots of glitter and a little edgy. This gold and green pendant I love. I really like the look of old Victorian pieces and something clean, simple, and still heavy enough to ground a look. This piece does that for me and is styled after the pendent worn by Wendy on Witches of East End, that show is a guilty pleasure for me.

For clothing I picked up two sweaters. One is a lovely bright red with thick ruffled collar. I just love this, so snuggly and looks amazing paired with a great pair of boots. The second top is a thin body hugging bold leopard print. This one does not close but gives a nicew 3/4 sleeve coverage and hangs to just above me knees.

I got a cute pair of black mirco suede peep toe ankle booties from Bambo. The are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own! Love them to death and were on a awesome sale from Beyond The Rack.

So thats the lot of it. If you want or need more info of any of the products or companies named below please leave a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment