Wednesday 5 November 2014

12 Days of Blogging Day 2

12 Days of Blogging Day 2

Todays topic is to review a product. I'm actually going to go with a product I used on Sunday and I thought it was fantastic but now, it's 3 days later and I have really mixed feelings on this one.

I recently used the John Frieda Precision Foam Colour in the shade Natural Black

This product is advertised as:

A breakthrough for home hair colouring with 24 flattering shades to choose from, achieving flawless, natural-looking results at home is now quick and easy.

Simply massage the foam into your hair to achieve flawless coverage you thought you could only get at a salon. No drips, no stains - just gorgeous-looking hair from every angle.

I picked this up as by chance cause I was in Walmart and the brand I normally buy is not carried there. It was $12.97 on roll back I think it was about $14.00 normally.

So mixing this was a breeze, it was a simple back and fourth tip of the bottle 5 tips to completely mix. I loved apply it as a foam. I had never used a foam dye before and it was really easy and fast to apply and get full coverage. I left it in for 30 min which was a the recommended max and that is always what I use.

It rinsed out faster then other brands I have used and I love the smell of the conditioner. Also the dye itself didn't have a really heavy chemical smell. After toweling my hair I was so pleased to see the colour was perfect and I had nearly no staining on my skin.

So the day I died it I loved it!!!

Two days later after the first wash not so much, I noticed A LOT!! of colour came out for a permanent dye. Now the colour is far less black and no long rich looking. Also the coverage on grey is horrible. Even though it boasted great grey coverage. Almost all my grey is noticeable already and it's only been a few days and 2 washes.

So that it. I am not pleased with the results and feel like I would need to touch up every member 3 weeks as apposed to 6 to sometimes 8 as with other brands.

On the plus side is was so much faster to mix, apply, and clean out. So not sure if I would purchase again maybe if the price was lower.



Be back again tomorrow for day 3!!

No comments:

Post a Comment