Friday 7 November 2014

12 Days of Blogging Day 4

                                                          12 Days of Blogging Day 4

Ok so I am going to be jumping the gun a bit today. The theme for day is a top 5 list. Since Halloween has ended and Thanksgiving is long behind us up here I went with a top 5 holiday films. Couldn't help it I have been in the mood lately, some of the movies are on daily already up here and I have already got the ball rolling on shopping so why not.

Top 5

5.) The Ice Harvest. I actually saw this for the first time 6 years ago. Was a darker time for me, I didn't yet have a family of my own, was single, and my dad was away for Christmas with his g/f soI found myself home alone for the holidays and I happened upon this movie on Christmas day evevning. It was darkly funny and sinical, perfect for my mood at the time and since has become a holiday staple for me. Even at the lower moments in time things can always be worse, like a botched crime?

4.) It's a Wonderful Life. I finally watched this last year on a recommendation from a dear friend and feel in love! I love Jimmy Stewart but always steered clear of this movie, simply cause I pictured it as being kinda cream puff. The whole bell ringing angels thing turned me off so much. I was really pleasently suprised and will be making this a stample of Christmas viewing.

3.) Germlins, I am a little odd what can I say.

2.) A Christmas Story. Adorable I know a lot of people hate this but come on, the cursing father, the pink bunny jammies!

1.) Christmas Vacation. Hands down. So many classic scenes, the chase for the ideal Christmas. I don't know what I love most about this movies, the bother in laws outfits, the picky judgemental in laws, Clark's desperate attempts at perfection, or his wife's abilty to put up with all the above.

I did leave a lot of this list like The Grinch and Christmas Carol and so on. I stuck to the ones that were really importent to me personnal. The ones that evoke memories of people or events.

Hope you enjoyed, what are your favs?

Till tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment